Monday, March 31, 2008

you confuse me

nothing makes sense

the walls don't match
taste is singing
seeing is poetry

and who are you?
who wields this universe
upon girded loin –

I'm scrambled
humbled
and fumbling
for some grasp
if only tentative,
of the temporal,
and external

but you are exponential
in your vast expanse,
ethereal and ephemeral
as a cloud.
your shoulders float,
thighs drift
into nebulous hips.
just a word from your lips
is like a tender kiss

I'm shuttled
into an elastic
eternity of ecstasy,
luminous
and infinitely warm

binary stars,
we are --
broadcasting
revelatory perturbations

you confuse me
collapse my cozy atmospheres

time is never so empty
as when I attempt to
fill it up without you

you break me down

you are my misery
you are my mystery
you are my horizon

did you ever think me worthy?
did you ever linger long
in your mind
between my thighs?
I tell no lies
you are welcome there
anytime.
but that's not all –
ankle
mouth
and finger tip,
hollow of my hip
you are welcome there too
anytime

lay down
smother my reason
please,
confuse me

No comments: