Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A song in two incongruous acts

Act I
[somewhere near the lake, on a bench, looking out over the water]

Mr. incongruous
Why don’t you match?
What’s your angle
Mr. incongruous?

The absence of a response
Is an answer
I too can understand

Disingenuous business
two segments that intersect
but aren't quite equal

Act II
[in bed, at night, tangled in the quilts, just a voice in the moonlight]

What the hell!
Mr. incongruous
What the hell!
You don’t know
Me that well!
You don’t know
Me that well!

I trusted you
But you did not
Trust me
to be
a real person
about the whole thing

You're so incongruent
I don’t think
you’re so fluent
In matters of the heart
or even other parts

Mr incongruous
in the electronic mail
your actions
don't equate
you make my heart
palpitate
I radiate
matching
rays
but yours
don't lay that way

you're incongruous
and nothing matches
I've done the math
and I see that path
doesn't go
from point a
to point b

is it necessary
to draw you
a diagram?
or write a theorem?
Shall I try to postulate?
or capitulate?

You say you're transparent
but I think you are wrong
you're simply not there
except in this song

You reside in a place
where nothing can be
transparency
means you broadcast all
and there's no walls
around your reasons

but there's just nothing
transparency is something
but there's just nothing
where some "there" should be
nothing to your transparency
only duplicity
nothing to see
nothing to me

Mr Incongruous
mr incongruous
make the lines match
match mr match mr
make me a match

because incongruence feels like leprosy
It makes my skin crawl
then I feel nothing at all
then I feel rage
then I am sad
then I am mad
and again I feel nothing
at all

No comments: