Monday, September 15, 2008

Ramble On

It was fall
and I can see you
so young
so handsome
so talented

you took my heart
on a long, wild, ride
you took me
to outer space
what did I see there
was it real?
only a dream now
only a fog
Gas Music From Jupiter

beers in the student union
I wasn't even 18
served in pints
with Looney Tunes!

you took me in your little
orange Datsun dragon
with the Gibson Stereo
riding in the back
and the Fender Rhodes
constantly out of tune
but what a tune
and Mr. Hammond
with Leslie

the play list was long
and so were the nights
drifting through Kashmir

Stroh's and Hienekin
wine and PiƱa Coladas
honey oil
flower tops
perms
satin shirts
designer blue jeans
red converse all-stars
Tee shirts

smoking bowls
out in the red van
sliding down the main drag
right into the hotel
Bessemer, New Year's Eve

Chevy Chase
Dan Aykroyd
Welcome Back Kotter
Barney Miller and Fish
the hide-a-bed
blankets and kitty

the little scar on your lip
the laugh
the smile
the sarcastic
sardonic
Vid
my star
my apocalypse

nothing can compare
nothing
I should've died back then.
nothing can compare

No comments: