Friday, June 6, 2008

big black cloud

The sun was shining this morning when I woke up. I looked outside and everything was still wet from a storm. With the sun shining on it the grass looked like a carpet with threads of sparkling emeralds. The trees had crystals hanging from their leaves exploding with bursts of sunlight.

As I was getting ready to go out to my car to drive to the bus stop, the wind picked up and it began to pour down rain. I went back in and sat down in my chair, shut my eyes and let the breeze blow over me as I listened to the steady hush of the rainfall. Soon the rain slowed and I went outside to see how my plants were doing. The sun was shining while the rain was lightly coming down, so I'd hoped to see a rainbow arched across the blue and grey sky. But no luck. Just a big ominous cloud overhead. Like and inky stamp pad hovering, waiting for just the right moment to squish me.

I got in my car and drove off, keeping an eye toward the sky to maybe catch a glimpse of the rainbow. But no rainbow, just that big cloud stretching off into the distance for miles and miles. This cloud was charcoal grey and hanging, pregnant with rain. No rainbow, just rain.

No comments: