Friday, June 13, 2008

I'm already here

I'd like to change some things I've done
go back and make them right
but it's too late
today has come
and I can't change yesterday

I try to get on with it all
try to be good
but sometimes I just fail
I know that in the past
I've hurt those I hold dear
I push them away
instead of holding them near
what am I to do about it now?
the past is back there
and I'm already here

forgiveness is an exercise in humility
a ride down a lonely road
but it can heal you
you can heal you
when the anger swells
forgive
I forgive you
I'm already here
I'm sorry you're still there

I'm sorry for hurting you
I'm sorry for trying
I'm sorry for shopping
and not buying
I'm sorry sometimes
for my very existence
I'm sorry for loving
I'm sorry for distance

the question is
after all
can we forgive
and not forget
can we relive
and not regret

I forgive you
for hurting me
now forgive me
for hurting you
please?

No comments: