Thursday, July 24, 2008

art expression no apologies

Some one was very rude to me the other day. They hurt my feelings quite a bit. The reason they were so rude is because they didn't respect me. They didn't respect me because I wasn't secure enough. I said I was sorry too much. I guess there might be worse things to say all the time. They said I had "emotional Tourette's." That hurt. I didn't know what they meant really. I went back and thought about everything and in certain contexts emotions are relevant. So it's been winding around in my mind, everything I said and did and emailed. I think I just mistook them for someone that cared and didn't understand that until it was too late. I think I was nervous around them too. I get insecure when I don't know people.

I am going to work on my confidence.

But nevertheless it has made me think deeply about myself and my self image and how it relates to my artwork and the expression therein.

I'm pretty broken down now, but I hope it has an ultimate outcome that is positive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. Happens all the time.

Desultory isn't for everyone.