Tuesday, July 29, 2008

boarding pass




















i hear a plane
dragging through
the atmosphere
getting ready
to land

and hope
that you
are on board
coming home

this love
dangles
such hopes,
from all
the branches
of the trees
and every
star in the sky

I am like you
and unlike you
we are fragments
of a larger whole
an infinite
reality
that simultaneously
draws us out
and gathers us in

you are a
whispering wind
a soft touch
again, and again

I am a full moon
aglow with desire
painting long blue watercolor shadows
across dew drentched lawns

I deliver
my secrets
to the flower beds

and if you heard them
you would know
how the kiss
of your updraft
lifts me

shadows dance and fade
with the breeze
as night turns slowly
into dawn
and all becomes still
and bright

off on high
upon azure canvas
chalky contrails
etch a message;
"miss you"

No comments: