Sunday, July 6, 2008

sensible














I tear at the crystal cobwebs
of profound confusion

they cling to my hands and head
and tug at my skin
as I try to find some sense
some sensibility

the clinging webs
drag behind me
a veil, a train

taking my heart along
into the vast and treacherous abyss of sadness

my steel tongue is now enveloped
with the rust of every bad word spoken to her
every ill will
every mocking agony now squawks back at me
like the clamoring insanity of a jungle cacophony
screaming monkeys and macaws

all in the dark
until the house reaches such a pitch
all I can hear is my own scream
as it echos back at me
mocking me
mocking life and all it's absurd conceit

I try to breathe through the plastic wrap
that covers my mouth
I suck and suck
and still no air
no air

I am no longer allowed to repent
it is too late
I have squandered
all opportunity

I lay rapt
the velvet layers
ensconce
the web
is wound
a truss
a truce
a final peace
senselessly
sensible

No comments: