Thursday, July 17, 2008

insanity

I'm a bit of a basket case
I realize this
and wouldn't blame anyone
for steering clear
but for some reason
I felt a connection
so don't be subtle with me
because I think too much for that
[maybe it means this
maybe it means that]
and maybe
I just shouldn't care
so damn much

being happy
and being lonely
are two different things
I'm happy,
but lonely
for someone I can relate to
and it's so exquisite
to talk with you
to hear you and your frenzy
your freezing
your warmth
your mending

what do I know?
only what I guess,
I guess.
and maybe it's just hormones
but I'm feeling really sad
and can't exactly cope
with all the possibilities
inside our words
outside in our worlds
in our guts

but I kind of see a pattern growing
although I'm not an avid gardener
just a farmer...
and I just want to be sure
so I don't throw in a bone
and mess up
the compost

No comments: