Thursday, July 10, 2008

cock-a-doodle-do!

This morning as I sat drinking my coffee and getting my head ready for the day, I heard a little boy's voice in the other room; "Cock-a-doodle-do! Cock-a-doodle-do!" How cute was that. I just smiled from ear to ear and thought yet again about what a beautiful gift Simon is to my life. Yesterday it was monsters who spun honey webs and built lime walls to trap their enemies. Then there is the incessant questions; "Mommy, what super hero are you?" "Mommy, what mammal are you?" "Mommy, let's play castle!" He and his friend came out of his room yesterday, one wearing a pumpkin costume I made Simon for halloween last year, and one wearing the gingerbread boy outfit I made Simon for a day in school where they came dressed as their favorite storybook character. My heart burst with joy. Real joy! How lucky I am! What a beautiful, beautiful child. I hope I can do him justice and help him launch happily into this miserable world. Sometimes when you are the joy for others, you can never see or experience the joy yourself. But maybe he will. So my little rooster woke me up this morning. He crowed for my attention, my hugs, and my love. I happily complied!

No comments: