Thursday, January 1, 2009

abracadabra good-bye

I'm saying good-bye
for now

just so I can stay sane
or at least
keep it together
for the day-to-day

so I can get up
and go out
into the world
without the
constant
chatter
without the
constant
interference
of the thoughts
about how it could be
how it could've been
if I'd just
if you'd just

so there is this
other world
I will exist within

but it won't ever be real
without you
so I hope you remember
that.

abracadabra, you said it yourself...

["Treat your aches and pains with drugs because love is ineffective for the physical. I'm pretty burnt out on the 'love' thing, and I don't want you to fall back into your old habits with me. It isn't going to be like it was before, ever. That didn't work out for me."]

abracadabra, you're here, then you're gone,
just long enough to pierce with the dagger.
just long enough to make me bleed
abracadabra you're gone
abracadabra good-bye

well, I say good-bye
to all that
my heart broken
and ripped apart
but I'll just continue
to ramble around this
world without a meaning
without settling
because I've really already
settled, but just not
where I'm allowed to be

so abracadabra
good-bye

for now

No comments: