Saturday, January 3, 2009

the next time

I've thought about the next time. I think I want to start talking in complete sentences and not poetry. I started the year out last year with stories, and I think I should do that now.

I guess winter lends itself to longer thoughts and reflection. Summer is poetry and painting, Winter is prose and bags. I wonder how that relates to time of life. If this is the autumn of my life, maybe it is fitting I go from poetry to prose. Extended thought and reflection are part of my daily meditation. As is clearing my mind of the clutter I accumulate, through my heart and mind, on an hourly basis.

I'll never understand love, and knowing that has given me some peace. I'm just learning how to surrender to it. And that is a scary enough ride. I'm thinking it's like bungee jumping. At some point you have to let go and jump, totally trusting the chord, those who made the chord, those who assembled the rigging, and gravity to perform the way they were intended.

Using the flower and the smile analogy, I see through them in my minds eye onto a flame. That flame is the love. I see the flower and the smile as the material and the spiritual world, and just as they veil us from true love, so too they lead us there.

What a wondrous world.

peace.

No comments: